Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pepsi Generation - Tension Is Building EP (1995)

I haven't heard this record in 15 years since my buddy Jon (rip), had it on a tape and we would crank it in his van on nights of driving around and committing acts of vandalism in the suburbs.  Classic punk cover art consisting of the capitol building having spikes on it.  The lyrical content is just pure genius, just listen to the track "Cancer" and your instantly transported back in time to an empty parking lot somewhere in Eastern Pennsylvania circa 1995.  Punk kids on skateboards breaking bottles and smoking cigarettes pissed as hell. 5 tracks of sloppy sarcastic teenage punk on FTW records. The band changed their name to Bomb Squadron later that year thus beginning a long lasting, albeit still dysfunctional, musical bloodline that still exists to the present day.

DOWNLOAD

4 comments:

  1. Great blog I hope you keep it up

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise to fend off responsibilities at all costs so I can provide such great music for you the listener!

      Delete
    2. I promise to fend off responsibilities at all costs so I can provide such great music for you the listener!

      Delete
  2. Wait like jon loglot?? Love the review by the way ian might disagree though haha

    ReplyDelete